New construction and general renovation of the Gustav-Leutelt-School, Neugablonz
2018 - 2024
Scope of service
The elementary and secondary school, which was built in 1956, is a three-story, two-winged building with a head building on the south side and a break hall as a connecting wing on the north side, which was subsequently extended by a day care center in 2002.
The renovation of the existing building reveals that it was built in the post-war years. At that time, building materials and funds were scarce. The construction work was carried out very cost-consciously and on the basis of planning and execution standards that have since been revised several times. Since new, sometimes surprising findings are always obtained during the demolition and conversion of older buildings, these have to be integrated into the planning implementation during construction. In this context, our engineers and designers are constantly challenged to search for pragmatic solutions in dialog with all parties involved in the planning process that enable fast, standard-compliant and cost-effective implementation.