Safety and Health Coordination
Safety and Health Protection on Construction Sites
On construction sites there is a high risk of accidents and health hazards. For this reason, the Construction Site Ordinance requires that a health and safety coordinator (SiGeKo) be appointed on construction sites with employees from different employers. This coordinator defines and coordinates the necessary occupational safety measures and checks compliance on the construction site.
What we do
Already in the planning phase, our health and safety coordinators make their recommendations on safety and health protection, thus ensuring that the construction work can be carried out safely later on.
At the beginning of the construction phase, all employees involved receive a safety briefing. During the construction phase, our health and safety coordinator coordinates the necessary occupational safety measures and checks compliance on the construction site at regular intervals:
- Drawing up and explaining the safety and health plan to the companies carrying out the work and ensuring that the resulting specifications are complied with
- Coordination of the cooperation of the building contractors with regard to safety and health
- Organisation and coordination of the cooperation of the various employers with regard to occupational health and safety and monitoring of work procedures
- Definition of occupational health and safety relevant requirements, such as the use of shared safety equipment
- Inspections with the BG Bau, the trade supervisory authority and the specialist security staff of the companies carrying out the work
- Systematic and foresighted thinking through of inter-trade work processes and identification of the resulting hazards (e.g. risk of spillage, risk of falling or tripping, etc.). Subsequently, the necessary coordination measures are determined and their implementation is monitored on site.
- Safety-related deficiencies are documented and necessary protective measures are initiated.
Certificates for safety and health coordination
In order to obtain the qualification as SiGeKo, the courses "Special coordinator knowledge for coordinators according to BaustellV, Annex C, RAB 30" and "Occupational health and safety knowledge for coordinators according to BaustellV, Annex B, RAB 30" must be attended and the corresponding examination must be passed successfully. Professional experience of more than three years is also a prerequisite. These courses are updated at regular intervals by our safety coordinators.